May Tremel (1882-1963):
View from Hammersmith Bridge of Lower Mall, Hammersmith, circa 1925 - The Original Copper Plate
Passe-partout (ref: 10327)
Etching, the original copper plate
framed: 11 ½ x 17 in. (29 x 43 cm)
See all works by May Tremel etching plate architecture houses maritime painted en plein air trees
Provenance: Michael Campbell
Born in Bradford, Yorkshire, May Tremel began her training as an artist at Goldsmith’s College and progressed to the Royal College of Art where she learned engraving and printmaking techniques under Sir Frank Short and his assistant, Constance M. Pott. She exhibited intermittently at the Royal Academy and other major exhibitions between the years 1907 and 1936 and was one of the international etchers invited to exhibit at the First International Exhibition of Etching at the Art Institute of Chicago.
A posthumous edition of 5 prints has been pulled from the original copper plate on Arches paper 250 g/m
The building to the far right is the headquarters of British Rowing.